Wednesday, April 22, 2009

MALEENA R.I.P. 4-22-09






Hello,


Today is a sad day at the Johnson house.


Our beloved Maleena had to be helped to the other side this morning at 10:10 am. She was on heavy fluids yesterday, but it was too late for her to recover this time. She had no energy and would not eat or drink.


We carried her to bed about midnight, as then she vomited and had a seizure. I slept (sort of) with her in the guest bed and later downstairs on the couch for easier outdoor access (and no stairs) She had a seizure every couple of hours (4 total), each one I was thinking, " it was her time to go."


This morning it became blatantly obvious that she would never have a regular life and that she was in fact suffering. I thought this mornings seizure was going to be the one that takes her, but it didn't.


We wanted her to pass at the house with her family around, but seeing her in the condition she was in, I made the decision to take her to the vet for "the humane thing to do."


Because of her yelping and paniclike state, the doctor gave her a shot of valium. After that we don't think she was aware of anything else. The doctor gave the injection and we said our good byes with lots of hugs and kisses and words of love.


We then took her body to Companions Forever. We will be able to pick up her ashes in a few days. We have discussed burying her ashes on our daughters river property, somewhere among the trees and serenity and beauty there. Maybe we could have a small service, as well, with their previously departed companions, the beloved Cayenne and Maddie.


Maleena will be dearly missed.....


WE LOVE YOU MALEENA !!!


DADDY & MOMMY


XOXOXO to our "Spotted Mess".


I have now proclaimed this day; as not only Earth Day.....


but Maleena K day, as well!!


Heaven just became a happier place, with Maleena K there!



1 comment:

Motherdear said...

Oh, LJ...I am so, so sorry. Have been there myself a time or two (last was this past October, when my beloved 17-year-old Sir Milo Pisskitty had to be helped over) and I still cry about it. I am so, so sad for you because I know that nowhere in this world do we ever have the priviledge of unconditional love and total loyalty from anyone except our pets. What a blessing to have her in your life for as long as you did. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you both and I know that the hole in your heart, left by her footprints, will never heal, but will hurt less over (a LONG) time. Bless you all, and special thanks for posting this lovely commemorative of that little character with all the spots and such great love!

((((HUGS))))
Motherdear

 
CURRENT MOON